As i said before, I love Audiobahn products. This is the amp i bought from ebay one month ago, USD 199(not including postage).
At first when the item arrived via FEDEX, i was so excited, and it was HEAVY. Nearly 8kg for this particular amp. Quite big too, i have the dimensions as below.
Details as follows:
- Class A/B Circuitry
- RMS Power @ 4 Ohms: 800W @ 4 ohms
- Bridged RMS Power @ 4 Ohms: 1,600W @ 2 ohms
- THD at 4-Ohm RMS Power: 0.02%
- Preamp Outputs
- Built-In Crossovers: LP
- Bass Boost: 0 or 18 dB
- Frequency Response: 10-40,000 Hz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: >100 dB
- PWM MOSFET Power Supply
- Double Sided Glass Epoxy Circuit Board
- Variable 18 dB Low-Pass Crossover
- Variable Subsonic Filter
- Defeatable 18 dB Bass Boost
- 3-Way Protection Circuitry: Thermal, Short Circuit and Overload
- Cooling Fan
- Cobalt Blue Illumination
- High Gloss Chrome-Plated Finish
- Top Mounted Blue LED Voltage Monitor
- Nickel-Plated Block Terminals
- Preamp Outputs
- Optional Remote Voltage Monitoring
- Optional Remote Bass Boost Control
- Dimensions: Height: 2 1/8", Width: 11 1/16", Depth:15 7/8"
I know many of you may dislike Audiobahn stuff, but personally comment from me regarding this amp, this amp is worth the price in Malaysia. It is hard to get a branded amp with 800 RMS with such low price. Normal price for one mono block amp at 400 RMS (no brand one) will cost around RM800-RM900, or USD 250 to USD300. If you are staying in US, there may be other US brand available, which may have better performance than Audiobahn at this price range. In Malaysia, buying branded car audio like MTX, Alpine, Hifonics is very expensive, as they import from US and being taxed as well. Generally from my experience and opinion of buying from ebay, it would be cheaper, sometimes can have as much as 40-60% cheaper.
Anyway, so far this amp hits hard and my sub woofer rocks. No comment about my MTX sub woofer as this is really a reputable brand with superb performance. :) Initially trying to buy MTX 12" 7500, but it is out of my budget. So i just forget about this sub, and get one which suits my budget.
This is a Class A/B amp, so it produce quite a amount of heat, which is something i don't really like. I am afraid one day it will blow because of overheat though. However, getting a Class D amp is so far out of questions, I am a student and 1 Class D amp will cost me around USD 300 at least. This will definitely burn a hole in my pocket.
Anyway, never regret buying this amp, looking forward to upgrade to a Class D amp in the future. May change to some other reputable brand though.
Any comments are much appreciated.