AirAsia - Cheap things not good, good things not cheap.


I feel really frustrated with AirAsia, though now 'Everyone Can Fly', but 'Everyone Can Fly with Papaya Face'! I have many experiences, in fact too many experiences with AirAsia as I fly almost once to twice a month. Recently, there was a promotion with 10,000 free seats early 2013. 

If you find this too long and windy, just read the part in bald. 

As everybody else, I try to grab some free, or at least promotional price ticket to bring my family on a vacation. I managed to grab 3 tickets, from Kuching to KL round trip for only RM336, which was quite a good bargain. During debit card transaction, the page freeze a while and it said transaction successful, with transaction ID provided. 

However, due to no itinerary received, I checked my booking immediately and it was ON HOLD due to no payment received, and AirAsia will cancel my flight in 2 hours if payment did not get through.

Of course, I started to call their helpline, first AirAsia helpline - 0321719222, but was told they changed their helpline to premium line which charges RM1.95 per minute, 60085999. So, regardless of the premium line, I called their premium extension, and wth? The number you have dialled is not in service. Then I try their web live chat, and expected, no one was there to entertain me. So I guess Airasia make it in such a way, once you have purchased their tickets, you have no way back to speak to any of their representatives should you have any issues. 

As my ticket will expire in 2 hours, I rushed down to their office, which is about 45 minutes away. Reaching there, when I asked the AirAsia representatives, to my surprise, she said debit card charges will not be instant and I will have to wait until the ticket is cancelled or confirmed. Huh?? Debit card supposed to be instant deduction from your account, that sales representative clearly confused between a credit card and a debit card. 

My expression when I heard what the sales girl said. 

Thus I went to nearest Maybank branch, and confirmed my payment did not get through. I went back to AirAsia office to try to make my payment, and the sales girl just said "Tak dapat bayar sini, itu promo ticket, kena bayar online"

In summary I have to repurchase my ticket at higher cost. 

The point is, I don't blame AirAsia for their website as it was very congested and causing payment problem. However, they should always provide a platform for the people to speak to their agents/representative should the customers have any doubts. When they hire ground staff, please make sure they hire the brighter one, who will not say "debit card transaction is not instant." 

"Cheap things not good, good things not cheap."

No comments:

Relevant Posts:

Mobile Ad