Finally, I changed from DiGi to Celcom


After a decade, to be exact 11 years of using DiGi, finally I have made up my mind to switch to Celcom postpaid last week.

Well, I have given enough chance for DiGi to improve, however, still they provide relatively poor coverage as compared to other service provider. Especially at my place of work, which is about 30 minutes from Kuching town, DiGi has no 3G, and not even EDGE. I had a contract signed with them 2 years ago for an iPhone 4, thus I have no choice but to stick to it for about 2 years.

The circle next to DiGi icon means no 3G, or no EDGE 

Without 3G and EDGE, I can barely surf a page, probably it takes about 2-3 minutes to load a page, and forget about Facebook, it won’t load. I can’t really remember the DiGi plan I subscribed 2 years back, but monthly payment is about RM60++, with 1Gb quota and some free talk time and SMS.



Though it took me 3 working days for complete port forwarding from DiGi to Celcom, but it's worth the wait. 

Celcom 3G at same area
With the new plan I subscribed from Celcom, they offer RM68 per month, with 3Gb data quota, 60 minutes talk time and some amount of SMS and MMS. True enough, Celcom provides me with 3G, I mean really fast 3G at my work place, and I can enjoy Internet freely at anywhere. :)

No comments:

Relevant Posts:

Mobile Ad